Within an unassuming neighborhood directly underneath the Acropolis in the atmospheric old quarter of Plaka and right next to the brand new Acropolis museum, Hostel Athens Dioskouros is found in one of many city’s more exclusive parts, offering vacationers a first-rate area, at budget hostel prices. That close hotel offers clean and simple rooms with shared bathrooms and all standard hotel facilities: Air conditioning, Several top-floor rooms give you a close-up view of the Acropolis while the garden below comes alive in the summertime for guests to drink, socialise and relax.
The hotel’s immediate surroundings present a palpable sense of history. Guests may follow the historical paths winding across the Acropolis, the Temple of the newest world-class, Byzantine churches, neo-classical mansions, small diverse galleries and Zeus Acropolis Muesum – all of which are within a seven minute walk. Conventional Greek tavernas line the cobbled streets as do the traditional Greek Blues Houses (rembetika) and ouzo bars to boot.
Traveling a couple of minutes further on foot, guests may find themselves inside the shopping center of Ermou, looking for antiques at vibrant party regions of Gazi or Psyrri.
All necessary amenities are available including direct transport links to the airport (30-minutes away by Metro or bus), comfortable access to the seaside at Glyfada (via tram or Metro) and practice links to the South cost interface of Pireas.
Dioskouros Hotel offers an ideal spot where the seasoned traveller can tap into an ancient world at unbeatable prices.
Services/facilities in brief:
– Free breakfast
– Free Internet
– Baby Cots available upon request
– Luggage storage
– 24 hour reception
– Vending machine with Snack, drinks and travel products.
– Travel and Tours Desk discounted rates for hotel Guests
– Paid Parking in the neighbourhood
– Upon request we can also arrange shuttle services to and from the airport and transportation around mainland Greece.
Location – Close to:
– Acropolis – 5 minutes
– Syntagma Metro (Airport connection) – 5 minutes by foot
– Syntagma Sq Airport Bus – 5 minutes by foot
– Temple of Zeus – 2 minute walk
– Ermou Shopping high street – 5 minute walk
– Banks/Post Office/Supermarkets within 5 minutes walk.
Breakfast consists of:
– Fresh Bread
– Coffee (Filter and instant)